I’m thrilled to be nominated for a Liebster award by Montana over at Pretty Lil Mudder! In case you haven’t heard of it, the Liebster is an online award given from one blogger to another, typically with 200 readers or less. In German, Liebster translates to dearest, beloved, and welcome. It’s a great way for new blogs to get discovered, connect with each other, and show some love!
The rules are simple:
1. You must link back to the person who nominated you.
2. You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
3. You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award.
4. You must create 10 questions for your nominees.
5. You must go to their blogs and notify the nominees.
It’s taken me a couple a days, since I had to find & notify the lovely ladies that I’m nominating! Anywho, here’s my answers:
1. When did you start your fitness journey?
Ironically, I started my true fitness journey after my athletic career ended. I knew how to train, but only on somebody else’s program, and I somehow still struggled with weight and eating right. A few years after I quit college soccer, I fell in love and moved to Hawaii. It was the perfect moment to build the exact life I wanted and become the strong, fit woman I knew I was meant to be. It’s been two years and I’ve never looked back.
2. What’s your favorite way to be fit?
This one’s a toss-up between running and surfing. Running is my happy, peaceful “me” time that clears my mind and puts my soul at ease. Surfing, on the other hand, is a whole other enchilada. It’s like spending the day at Disneyland for free – and it’s something my fiance and I can do together.
3. How do you normally spend your weekends?
I usually spend my weekends at the beach with my board and a few friends. We all work, so it’s the perfect time to just chill and catch up 🙂 and get a tan, of course.
4. Where did you go on vacation last?
My last vacation was to Bali, Indonesia with my fiance. It’s been almost a year and we still talk about it on a daily basis; hands-down one of the best experiences of my life.
5. Who would you say is your biggest inspiration in life?
My biggest inspiration in life is my dad! I’ve been his mini-me since day one, and is the reason I’m in love with fitness, eating healthy, and travel. He’s in his 50’s and is always training for his next race or sprint triathalon! He literally calls me to tell me about his insane workouts because he knows it’ll both piss me off and make me push harder.
6. What’s your favorite quote and why?
My favorite quote is “fortune favors the bold.” I even have it tattooed on my arm! It basically means that if you follow your heart and don’t let fear control you, love and good luck will always follow. And it’s so, so true!
7. When did you start blogging?
I started blogging about a year ago, mostly to help organize my thoughts and share my adventures. I’ve always loved writing, and it’s the perfect way to connect with others and keep in touch with the people I love back home.
8. What do you feel is your biggest accomplishment to date?
My biggest accomplishment is definitely graduating college! Going to school is pretty rough these days, and there were countless times where I was ready to throw in the towel. I’m proud that I persevered and got my degree.
9. Tell me about your fitness goals for the year.
My fitness goals for the year are to finish my marathon in under five hours, do a sprint triathlon, and finally get some serious abs! My abs are there, but not quite. It takes me a few months of hard training and even harder clean eating to bring those babies out.
10. Are you a dog or a cat person?
Definitely a dog person (This is my favorite question, by the way!) Part of my dreams for the future is the perfect beach dog that loves the water, will let me paddle her around on my SUP board, and that I can let hang out without a leash. I live in the land of dream beach dogs, and one day I want my own 🙂
Without further ado, my nominees are:
1. Jessi from Turqouise Compass
2. Amy at Miss Adventures in Running
3. Charlotte from T-Rex to Tigress
4. Farah from Fairyburger
5. Helen West from Food & Nonsense
6. Reesa from Adventures of a Vitababe
7. Jenni from Jenni on the Run
8. Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats
9. Liz from Every Minute of It
10. Melissa at Curvaceous and Confident
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
2. What’s your go-to healthy meal?
3. What’s your favorite place you’ve ever traveled?
4. What made you fall in love with fitness?
5. If you had a superpower, what would it be?
6. What’s your fitness mantra & why?
7. What’s your favorite way to work out?
8. What would be your perfect vacation?
9. What’d you have for breakfast?
10. Are you a protein shake, juicing, or real food kinda gal?
I’m stoked to read your answers!